Connect with us!
New Featured Publication
Shane Martin: "Parliamentary Questions"
In this paper, Dr. Shane Martin provides an account of the procedures and practices of parliamentary questions across a variety of countries.
Governance Information Bulletin
The latest issue of SUNY/CID’s Governance Information Bulletin offers recent reports, summaries, and publications on development by development professionals from
the World Bank, UNDP and other organizations and researchers. The GIB is an occasional email newsletter that draws attention to technical matters involved in strengthening political institutions and to broader issues of aid strategies, democracy assistance, public sector performance, and to countries and regions where SUNY/CID is working. Each entry provides a link to a larger piece of research. Our most recent edition can be found here and the archive here.
To receive the bulletin by email, please send your email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bangladesh Parliament’s Budget Analysis and Monitoring Unit Launches Budget Help Desk with support from the PRODIP Project
MPs in Bangladesh have limited access to information on the fiscal operations of the government to facilitate their oversight and monitoring of the national budget. Every year, the national budget is placed before the Parliament in the first week of June, but MPs have little information on the budget proposal and limited time for deliberations.
On October 22, the SUNY Center for International Development was awarded $1.9 million in funding to implement Effective Devolved County Governance technical assistance and training activities in Kenya. These activities are designed to assist Kenyan institutions in their transition to the new devolved system.
SUNY/CID hosted a delegation of senior leaders from the Kenya National Assembly during their visits to Boston and Tallahassee as they met with counterparts in the Massachusetts and Florida legislatures from October 26 to November 9.
- SGIP Activity in BiH Launches Radio Call-In Shows Featuring Women MPs
- SUNY/CID awarded Ford Foundation Grant to Collaborate with the Kenya Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Training
- Center for International Development Hosts Delegation of Kenyan Senators
- Malcolm Russell-Einhorn Gives Presentation on African Parliaments at Campus Exemplars Symposium
- SUNY/CID Member of Team to Implement USAID South Sudan Election Program
- Kenyan National Assembly Induction Workshop: Building a Strong Foundation for the New Legislature
- SUNY/CID wins $400,000 add-on to develop Parliamentary Budget Offices in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Find more ...
Staff in Focus
Each month we will feature a staff member whose work and dedication is vital to achieving our mission.
This month, learn about Lisa Petter: Senior Associate and Project Director, Strengthening Governmental Institutions and Processes in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Read more...