Connect with us!
New Featured Publication
Shane Martin: "Parliamentary Questions"
In this paper, Dr. Shane Martin provides an account of the procedures and practices of parliamentary questions across a variety of countries.
Governance Information Bulletin
The latest issue of SUNY/CID’s Governance Information Bulletin offers recent reports, summaries, and publications on development by development professionals from
the World Bank, UNDP and other organizations and researchers. The GIB is an occasional email newsletter that draws attention to technical matters involved in strengthening political institutions and to broader issues of aid strategies, democracy assistance, public sector performance, and to countries and regions where SUNY/CID is working. Each entry provides a link to a larger piece of research. Our most recent edition can be found here and the archive here.
To receive the bulletin by email, please send your email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUNY/CID hosted a delegation of senior leaders from the Kenya National Assembly during their visits to Boston and Tallahassee as they met with counterparts in the Massachusetts and Florida legislatures from October 26 to November 9.
On October 30th the first in a series of six radio call-in shows featuring the work of women MPs Bosnia and Herzegovina aired on national public BH radio 1. The series is promoting awareness of the vital role women are playing in BiH governance.
SUNY/CID awarded Ford Foundation Grant to Collaborate with the Kenya Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Training
On October 18, 2013 SUNY/CID was awarded a $500,000 grant from the Ford Foundation to collaborate with the Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Training (CPST) in developing curricula and training programs for Parliament and county assemblies in Kenya.
- Center for International Development Hosts Delegation of Kenyan Senators
- Malcolm Russell-Einhorn Gives Presentation on African Parliaments at Campus Exemplars Symposium
- SUNY/CID Member of Team to Implement USAID South Sudan Election Program
- Kenyan National Assembly Induction Workshop: Building a Strong Foundation for the New Legislature
- SUNY/CID wins $400,000 add-on to develop Parliamentary Budget Offices in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- SUNY/CID Welcomes High-Level Kenyan Delegation to the National Conference of State Legislatures Legislative Summit in Atlanta, Georgia
Find more ...
Staff in Focus
Each month we will feature a staff member whose work and dedication is vital to achieving our mission.
This month, learn about Toby Cole, Senior Project Manager of the Kenya Parliamentary Strengthening Program (PSP). Read more...