With assistance from SUNY/CID’s Kenya Parliamentary Strengthening Program, the Council of Governors held the first annual devolution conference under the theme, “One Year into Devolution: Celebrating Milestones, Confronting the Challenges.”
In a ceremony on July 9, SUNY/CID’s USAID-funded “Strengthening Governing Institutions and Processes” (SGIP) program in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) announced the winners of its award for the best journalistic piece on foster care. The Bosnian-language version of the contest criteria can be found here.
- SGIP Gives Media Award
- Côte d’Ivoire National Assembly President Soro Highlights LSP Project during Speech Opening the New Session of Parliament
- SUNY/CID Supports the Leadership of the Kenyan Senate in their study visit to Germany
- Cote d’Ivoire Field Visit Activities
- SUNY/CID Experts Assist National Legislature of Cote d’Ivoire
- Kenya PSP Success Story: Integrating Technology into Legislative Business
Staff in Focus
This month, learn about Geraldine Pelzer-Salandra: Chief of Party, Cote d'Ivoire Legislative Strengthening Project. Read more...
Current and Recent Projects
At SUNY/CID we connect people and ideas for integrated development through the design and implementation of large, multi-year donor funded projects, institutional capacity building projects, and research-intensive assessments and evaluations. Learn more about us and our mission.
For additional information, feel free to peruse SUNY/CID's 25th Anniversary Publication.
David Guinn: "Legislative Strengthening: An Annotated Bibliography" (pdf)
The GIB is a newsletter that draws attention to technical matters involved in strengthening political institutions and to broader issues of aid strategies, democracy assistance, public sector performance, and to countries and regions where SUNY/CID is working. Our most recent edition can be found here and the archive here.