Connect with us!
In this paper, Dr. Stan Bach focuses on the nature and sources of rules of procedure for democratic national assemblies and how those rules relate to the larger framework of governance.
The latest issue of SUNY/CID’s Governance Information Bulletin offers recent reports, summaries, and publications on development by development professionals from the World Bank, UNDP and other organizations and researchers. The GIB is an occasional email newsletter that draws attention to technical matters involved in strengthening political institutions and to broader issues of aid strategies, democracy assistance, public sector performance, and to countries and regions where SUNY/CID is working. Each entry provides a link to a larger piece of research. Our most recent edition can be found here and the archive here.
To receive the bulletin by email, please send your email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a legislature in the midst of a transformation like the Kenya Parliament, incorporating technology into the legislative process goes beyond the need for efficiency; an electronic voting system (EVS) is a crucial tool in the consolidation of democracy.
On December 6 and 7, 2013, SUNY/CID held a gender budgeting workshop in colloboration with the IPU to further integrate and institutionalize gender mainstreaming in Côte d'Ivoire’s budgeting process.
The Center for International Development is pleased to announce that it will be hosting a public policy fellow in partnership with the Center for Women in Government and Civil Society (CWGCS)
- SUNY/CID Interns for Spring 2014
- SUNY/CID Member of Consortium Awarded Human and Institutional Capacity Development IQC from USAID
- SGIP Project Launched Foster Care Journalism Award
- Season's Greetings
- Bangladesh Parliament’s Budget Analysis and Monitoring Unit Launches Budget Help Desk with support from the PRODIP Project
- SUNY/CID Awarded Additional DFID Funding to Support Kenyan Devolution Process
- Kenya National Assembly Leadership Delegation Visits Massachusetts and Florida
Staff in Focus
Each month we will feature a staff member whose work and dedication is vital to achieving our mission.
This month, learn about Heather Senecal: Associate, Kenya Parliamentary Strengthening Program. Read more...